Labradorite - The powerful protector
Labradorite is a powerful protector of the aura, preventing energy leakage, and others from tapping into and draining your personal energy. [Ahsian, 226]
Labradorite is beneficial to the lungs, and may assist with respiratory problems, bronchitis and colds. It assists in digestion, regulation, and metabolism. [Eason, 163][Melody, 368]
It has been used in treatment for the eyes and brain disorders, to stimulate mental acuity, and to reduce stress and anxiety. It may also be soothing during menstruation, for PMS symptoms, and for pain relief. [Eason, 163][Melody, 368][Hall, 170]
Labradorite lowers blood pressure, reduces sensitivity to cold, and alleviates rheumatism and gout. [Eason, 163][Hall, 170][Gienger, 54]
Labradorite is also the most powerful protector of the mineral kingdom, creating a shielding force throughout the aura and strengthening natural energies from within. It protects against the negativity and misfortunes of this world and provides safe exploration into alternate levels of consciousness and in facilitating visionary experiences from the past or the future. [Ahsian, 226]
Wearing or carrying Labradorite allows one's innate magical powers to surface. It enhances the mental and intuitive abilities of clairvoyance, telepathy, prophecy and coincidence control, and assists in communication with higher guides and spirits in accessing Akashic records, psychic readings and past-life recall. It provides an ease in moving between the worlds and permits a safe and grounded return to the present. [Simmons, 225]
As a workplace stone, Labradorite brings out the best in people, making work life more congenial. It encourages courtesy and full attention to the customer and assists part-time and temporary staff in becoming fully involved in a company. [Eason, 163]
Labradorite tempers the negative side of our personality, the traits and actions that rob our energy and may produce depression or shame. It assists in reducing anti-social, reckless or impulsive behavior in children, teenagers and adults who are easily led into trouble by others, and may aid in detoxifying the effects of tobacco, alcohol, and to a lesser degree, hard drugs. [Megemont, 109][Eason, 163]
Labradorite helps develop the hands' sensitivity, making it useful for physiotherapists and all who use the power of touch to heal. [Megemont, 109]
Labradorite's energy allows one to penetrate the veils of the Void, where all knowledge and possibility are held. It is the place of potential and the source of creation, and for shamans, magicians, and Light workers, Labradorite acts as a protective ally in recalling experiences from other realms, other times and other lives. It assists in moving between the worlds, and in bringing to this realm the creations which are for the highest good of all beings. [Ahsian, 226]
These traditional Japa Malas contain 108 beads. The type of bead combined with a specific mantra, is thought to have special properties that empower healing, a better sense of well-being and spiritual growth.
All malas are handmade in India with premium quality authentic natural gemstones. Care and attention is put into every mala to ensure they are long lasting and durable for the practice of daily japa.
Each mala comes with a free gift bag. The style of the gift bag will be random and may not be the same bag in picture.
(From the book "Japa Yoga" By Swami Sivanada)
- Select any Mantra or Name of God, preferably that given to you by your Guru, and repeat it from 108 to 1,080 times daily (one to ten malas).
- Always keep your Guru-Mantra a secret. Never disclose it to anyone.
- It is better to stick to one Mantra only. See Lord Krishna in Rama, Shiva, Durga, Gayatri and in everyone.
- Get up at 4a.m. and do Japa for two hours. The early morning period (Brahmamuhurta) and dusk is the most favourable time for Japa and meditation. This is when Sattva (purity or steadiness) is predominant.
- Take a bath or wash your hands, feet, face and mouth before sitting for Japa in the morning. At other times this is not absolutely necessary. Do Japa whenever you have leisure, at the three junctions of the day - morning, noon and evening - and before going to bed.
- Face east or north during the practice. This enhances the efficacy of the Japa. Sit on a deer skin or rug. Spread a piece of cloth over it. This conserves body-electricity. Sit in a separate meditation room or in any suitable place, such as a temple, on a river bank or under a banyan or peepul tree.
- Maintain a steady pose. Attain mastery of the posture. You must be able to sit in Padmasana, Siddhasana or Sukhasana for three hours at a strech.
- Reslove to complete a certain minimum number of malas before leaving your seat.
- Recite some prayers before starting the Japa.
- A rosary is a whip to goad the mind towards God. Use a rudraksha or tulsi mala of 108 beads.
- Do not allow the mala to hang below the navel. Keep the hand near the heart or the nose.
- The mala must not be visible to you or to others. Cover it with a towel or handkerchief, which must be clean and washed daily.
- Use the middle finger and the thumb of the right to roll the beads. The use of the index finger is prohibited.
- Do not cross the meru while rolling the beads. Turn back when you come to it.