Guidance + Feminine energy + Emotional balance
BENEFITS AND PROPERTIES
- Guidance through challenging situations
- Heighten psychic abilities
- Helps connecting to emotions and becoming more emotionally balanced
- Increases feminine energy
- Deepens inner awareness
Moonstone opens the heart to nurturing qualities as well as assisting in the acceptance of love. It is an excellent crystal for first or new love, and is a comforting talisman if love must be kept a secret. It was also believed to be able to reunite loved ones who had parted in anger. [Mella, 91][Eason, 43]
Moonstone has long been known for its calming, soothing qualities on the emotional body. Its energy is balancing and healing, assisting in the mastery of emotions by bringing them under the control of Higher Will, rather than expressing or repressing them. It also helps identify emotional patterns that are stored in the subconscious, and serves as a guardian to contain explosive passions, and to stimulate confidence and composure. Moonstones can be placed at the center of the chin (the Moon Center) to create this balance. [Raphaell, 149][Megemont, 128]
Moonstone bestows a depth of feeling, a gentleness within the self that brings happiness to the environment in which it resides. Associated with the feminine, it enhances the intuitive side of the mind. To women, Moonstone reveals their feminine power and abilities of clairvoyance, and gives rise to the kundalini energy. Moonstone helps men become more in-tune with the feminine aspects of their nature, and stimulates the right side of the brain, encouraging nonlinear thinking and emotional balance. [Gienger, 59][Melody, 417][Ahsian, 267]
These traditional Japa Malas contain 108 beads. The type of bead combined with a specific mantra, is thought to have special properties that empower healing, a better sense of well-being and spiritual growth.
All malas are handmade in India with premium quality authentic natural gemstones. Care and attention is put into every mala to ensure they are long lasting and durable for the practice of daily japa.
Each mala comes with a free gift bag. The style of the gift bag will be random and may not be the same bag in picture.
- Select any Mantra or Name of God, preferably that given to you by your Guru, and repeat it from 108 to 1,080 times daily (one to ten malas).
- Always keep your Guru-Mantra a secret. Never disclose it to anyone.
- It is better to stick to one Mantra only. See Lord Krishna in Rama, Shiva, Durga, Gayatri and in everyone.
- Get up at 4a.m. and do Japa for two hours. The early morning period (Brahmamuhurta) and dusk is the most favourable time for Japa and meditation. This is when Sattva (purity or steadiness) is predominant.
- Take a bath or wash your hands, feet, face and mouth before sitting for Japa in the morning. At other times this is not absolutely necessary. Do Japa whenever you have leisure, at the three junctions of the day - morning, noon and evening - and before going to bed.
- Face east or north during the practice. This enhances the efficacy of the Japa. Sit on a deer skin or rug. Spread a piece of cloth over it. This conserves body-electricity. Sit in a separate meditation room or in any suitable place, such as a temple, on a river bank or under a banyan or peepul tree.
- Maintain a steady pose. Attain mastery of the posture. You must be able to sit in Padmasana, Siddhasana or Sukhasana for three hours at a strech.
- Reslove to complete a certain minimum number of malas before leaving your seat.
- Recite some prayers before starting the Japa.
- A rosary is a whip to goad the mind towards God. Use a rudraksha or tulsi mala of 108 beads.
- Do not allow the mala to hang below the navel. Keep the hand near the heart or the nose.
- The mala must not be visible to you or to others. Cover it with a towel or handkerchief, which must be clean and washed daily.
- Use the middle finger and the thumb of the right to roll the beads. The use of the index finger is prohibited.
- Do not cross the meru while rolling the beads. Turn back when you come to it.